Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mount Kinabalu Aim! (7th-17th Apr 09)

Waltson brought a good news for us today! Finally we've got the chance to visit his hometown Sabah and climb Mount Kinabalu!!! I'll be joining for sure! Horray!! I'm so excited that i had already done some research about it =p Here it goes...
The summit of Mt. Kinabalu is known as Low's Peak which height at 4,095 metres. It is the fourth tallest mountain in Southeast Asia and also the 20th highest peak in the world! Now i know that...ehehe... Refer to Sean, we need about 2 days and 1 night to reach the peak (omg...i doubt whether i can make it or nope! Guys if you really planned to go please do make it asap, sobzz... as you guys know my bones are getting brittle and soon will become gray hah!!) But for the infomation that i've got, the oldest person to reach the peak was 80 years old! I do not want to lose to an old man!!! Oh man... .... This is the best page that i found out where you can get almost any info. you would like to know about Mt.Kinabalu, do enjoy it =)
....
This pic look challenging for me!
....

This is even worst =.="!!

What did made me headache the most was "MONEY MONEY MONEY~" lolz! This is the roughly expenditure that we need for the trial :
  • Air ticket if we managed to grab the 0% rate promotion price then it would be RM160 for 2 ways p.p.
  • Park entry fee - RM3 p.p.
  • Climbing permit - RM30 p.p.
  • Insurance - RM7 p.p.
  • Guide fee - RM70 to RM100 (the actual cost depends on the number in the group and which route is used)
  • Transport to (and later, from) Timpohon Gate where the climbing path properly begins from the entrance about 5km - RM4 p.p.
  • Accommodation on the mountain - RM188 to RM288 (Inclusive compulsory 5x meals)
  • Extra RM100 for some optional fees

The maximum outlay forecast is about RM600 p.p. (swallowing my saliva >_<") I understand that RM600 for us as a student is really a big amount, six hundred... uhh...! But i'm still hoping all of us will have the ego to do it! I've already planned to earn the money back during the rest of the 3 months holiday heh! Money is not the problem! I can gain it back by hardwork =D Most important is the experience that i'll gain on the trip and grasp the opportunity to climb Mt.Kinabalu at least once in my lifetime? I extremely hope to spend my holiday on extraordinary activities with you guys and create mountain of sweet memories among us ;)

Will we managed to land on the peak and spend an unforgettable days within the magnificent sceneries of Gunung Kinabalu together? It must be joyful!

2 comments:

ER![<] said...

I'm so sad and disappoint that I can't go with you guys as I start my tranning already :(

ng siew siew said...

It's ok my friend =) There must be another chance in the future! and we will always remember to call you out, cheer! ;)